Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Chicken Lollipop


smile emoticon
Hey Guys! How about some tasty Chicken Lollipop? I recently visited India and this is the first thing I put in my mouth :D and boy was I delighted to be in India!! Yess!! This is my most favorite Indo Chinese Dish and I am up for it any given day! I used to think that it would be hard to make, but once I learned how to, it is something I relish pretty often.  Glad to share this recipe with you all as it gives that awesome Chinese Thela like taste :D Hope you like it :) By the way, if you are interested to watch my Haul video to checkout my Indian Jewelry and Dress shopping click this Enjoy! 

Video:



Please check out my videos. There is a lot of exciting stuff on my channel. Please subscribe:https://www.youtube.com/c/laxmijakkal



Ingredients:

- Chicken Drumettes - 8 to 9

Marinade:

- Turmeric powder 1/2 t sp
- 1 tb sp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 t sp Kashmiri Red Chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Red Chili Sauce 2 tb sp

Sauce:

- Finely chopped onions 1 Cup
- Chopped Green chilies - to taste
- Chopped Coriander leaves
- Chopped garlic 2 tb sp
- Chopped Ginger 1 tb sp
- Tomato chili sauce or Ketchup - 3 tb sp
- Red Chili Sauce  - 1-2 tb sp
- Light Soy Sauce - 1 tb sp
- 2 tb sp oil left over from the frying

For Frying:

- 1 Egg
- 1 tb sp Corn starch powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying

Method:

- Start by marinating the Drumettes. Please watch my video to learn how to make a lollipop out of a drumette
- Try to do it the night before for best results or at least let it marinate for 1/2 an hour
- Next, Prepare the egg wash before frying by mixing together the Egg, Corn starch, salt and pepper
- Now, dip the chicken into this egg was and fry them till they are golden brown. It will take around 5  to 6 minutes. Keep the heat on medium high or lower.
- To prepare the sauce, start by heating some of the left over oil from the frying
- Add chopped onions, garlic, ginger and green chilies and saute till the onions are cooked
- Now add some water and add the soya sauce, red chili and the tomato chili sauce (or ketchup)
- Mix well and and add the fried chicken
- Toss well till all the chicken is coated with the sauce and serve hot! 


Tips:

- If you wish, you can a dry and make crispier lollipop by dipping the chicken in some bread crumbs after the egg wash.
- Add finely chopped/shredded carrots, cabbage and green onions for that extra Indo Chinese touch
- This sauce can be used to toss any part of fried chicken like the wings or even chicken breast pieces


Healthy Twist:

- Bake your chicken instead of frying them and observe portion control.

No comments:

Post a Comment